Buying half an animal is a great way to try new cuts of meat, while saving pounds on the cuts you already enjoy. Except for the bacon, all the meat in this box is cut from a single side of Lovaton free-range Gloucester Old Spot pork and if you are feeling really adventurous we can throw in the trotters and tail as well. All the meat is vacuum-packed and ready to freeze, so the 20-25kg of meat will last you up to six months. Please note that the price for half pig boxes is based on the carcass weight of the animal,(30-35kg) not the weight of the meat once butchered.
We will cut your half pig however you want, please specify when you order.
- Leg Joints (boned and rolled – approx 5kg divided as you like) 3* – Great Taste Awards 2013 (nearly 10,000 entries, only 125 awarded a 3*)
- Loin Steaks Taste of the West – Bronze Award 2012
- Tenderloin Fillet Taste of the West – Bronze Award 2011
- Shoulder Joints (boned and rolled – approx 5kg divided as you like)
- Belly Pork Strips
- Spare Ribs
- 12 Rasher Green Back Bacon Devon Tourism Producer Award – Gold Award 2011
- 12 Rashers Smoked Back Bacon
- Sausages (approx 1kg)
Special offer – order a half pig box now and receive a free jar of ‘Hogs Bottom ‘ preserve, to enjoy with your meat.